Saturday, June 26, 2010

3 More Nights!

Hello All,

With only 3 more nights left on board the ship is buzzing with excitement. Tonight we packed our "cruise bins," stuff that we don't want/need to take home with us. These boxes are put into storage and then we can get them when we get back to school in the fall. Today and yesterday was spent learning how to splice different kinds of line in many different ways. It was a lot of fun and I am excited to put my skills into practice. My room is starting to come apart, the ceiling panels fell on top of me last night at 2am, I finally got them to go back sorta and slept hoping that wouldn't happen again.

I begin to pack and went through some of the stuff I have acquired over the cruise so far and how much stuff I have accomplished, seen, and experienced. I had an amazing time on this cruise and can't wait to go back out and head to somewhere else next year.

The ship arrives in Honolulu on the 28th at 0700, we circle the island of Hawaii a couple of times tomorrow before we pull into port so that the seniors can get piloting experience. Everyone on board has hopes to get cell phone service sometime late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

When we tie up in Honolulu, Andrew, Mark and I are part of the tie up team on the pier; meaning we get to ride in another tugboat to shore and receive the mooring lines. I can't wait to see Hawaii for the first time and am excited to get home as well.

V/R,

CDT Jonathan Anderson
Squad Leader, Division 6 MT
Corps of Cadets
California Maritime Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment