Thursday, June 17, 2010

12 days till Hawaii!

Hello All,

We are finally headed for home. Doing about 9 mph and coming around 3,000 miles we have some work to do. In 12 days we will be pulling into Aloha towers in Honolulu Hawaii and its not a day to soon. Everyone on board is starting to get edgy and anxious as tempers are building and the cruise finally drawing to a close. I finished my last day of watch yesterday and we move on to professional training. Today we learned how to use a bearing fix on the sun to determining our compass and gyro error. It is really confusing stuff but more tedious than anything else. We had a great Prime Rib dinner last night! Tonight I am going to catch up on some much needed sleep after my watch rotation. I can't wait for summer in Bellingham and am so excited to be going home soon.

V/R,

CDT Jonathan Anderson
Squad Leader, Division 6 MT
Corps of Cadets
California Maritime Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment